What is an abusive tax avoidance transaction?
Abusive tax avoidance transaction (ATAT) means a:
• Tax shelter as defined under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 6662(d)(2)(C)
• Reportable transaction as defined under IRC Section 6707A(c)(1) that is not adequately disclosed in
accordance with IRC Section 6664(d)(2)(A),
• Listed transaction as defined under IRC Section 6707A(c)(2),
• Gross misstatement within the meaning of IRC Section 6404(g)(2)(D), or
• Transaction to which the noneconomic substance transaction (NEST) penalty applies under Revenue and
Taxation Code (RTC) Section 19774.
Read More Here. Let us help you amend your current and past returns and enter the program while there is still time to take advantage of its benefits.